Thursday 30 June 2011

My Classics: Things I would repurchase again and again...

After Tuesday's post about buying bans I decided to rifle through my stash and find five things I would repurchase again and again.
In no particular order;

1. Dolce and Gabbana Lipsticks

Dolce and Gabbana Lip Jewel
 This was a christmas present from my boyfriend, I dont tend to spend this much on lipsticks, so it was a very welcome gift. These are some of the most smooth and pigmented lipsticks I've used. They aren't drying and last a long time even through eating and drinking. I plan to treat myself to a full size lipstick from Harrods when I go on holiday.

2. Benefit Dandelion


This blush/finishing powder isn't for everyone, as it is quite pale, so wont show up on anything above I think a Mac NC/W 25. For me it is the perfect blusher if Im doing dramactic eyes and/or lips and I don't want the blusher to compete. As you can see the box is quite worn, will probably be needing to repurchase this pretty soon, I'm almost out!

3.Mac Blot Powder

This powder is my perfect setting powder, it doesn't give any coverage, it just mattifies. Which as I have oily skin and cycle to work is a complete necessity for me. It also doesn't oxidise, so is great if you hate the feeling of being caked in powder.

4. Mac Carbon Eyeshadow


I think most beauty fiends use a matte black shadow at some point. I don't use this everyday but I wouldn't be without it. It can be used as a liner on its own, wet or with sealing liquid, to correct mistake made with liquid or gel liner, to add depth to a smokey eye, or applied lightly and blended for an everyday look. There really are endless uses for this shadow, not its not exciting, full of sparkles or duochrome, but its practical and useful. A classic.

5. Mac Ruby Woo


Every woman has a perfect red lipstick. Ruby Woo is mine without a doubt. The right red can make your face look more alive, make your skin look bright, and your teeth whiter. I have a few red lipsticks bu this is my failsafe. If I'm going out in a hurry I'll wear this with a neutral shadow and some black liner. Also because of the texture, it does not budge, some may find the texture dryong, but it's easily solved with lipbalm.
The weekends almost here! To say I can't wait would be an understatement!

No comments:

Post a Comment