Saturday 8 October 2011

Models Own Smokey Eye Kit in Smoulder

DSC_1899

As I often do when I have a Saturday afternoon off, I found myself at Boots today, not looking for anything particular. Whist browsing the Models Own stand I was drawn to these cute little sets. The come in a range of colours and all contain three eyeshadows, two brushes and a step by step guide.

DSC_1897

I picked up Smoulder; three warm neutrals. All the shades are very pigmented and have a beautiful texture, and shimmer without being full of glitter. Having never bought Models Own shadows before, I wasn’t sure what I’d be getting, but I’m very impressed with these. A lot of cheaper, but pigmented shadows, will kick up a lot of dust when using but that isn’t a problem with this.

models own

The Step by Step Guide is a great addition to this product, and would be brilliant for people who aren’t confident with smokey eyes; and are unsure of colour placement etc.

The brushes are also worth a mention, for £8 I wasn’t expecting the brushes included to be anything I would use but both the angle brush and the shading brush are of great quality and I would use them happily. My only complaint would be the shading brush is a little small for using on the eyelid, but because of this it is great for smudging out eyeshadow/liner on the lower lashline.

models own swatches

Overall I think these are a great product, especially if you need a bit of a helping hand with smokey eyes. The colour range means there's some day-time friendly shades as well as more dramatic shades.

Models Own Smokey Eye Kits retail at £8 and are available from Boots. They also currently come with a free Black Kohl Pencil!

1 comment:

  1. These look like great stocking fillers for teens and people getting into make-up! Thanks for the review :)

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete