Monday 28 November 2011

True Blood Series : FOTD Pam

DSC_2572

DSC_2574

I’ve been think about doing this for a while, I love the make-up on True Blood, it references a lot of different eras but keeps it interesting for a modern audience. Pam is one of the lead characters and for me her make-up is the most impressive. She tends to vary between two looks, but they’re both based on the same idea a smoky eye, and a red lip, she’ll sometimes wear a soft version of this look, with more of a lip stain, and sometimes a heavier look with a much bolder darker lip.

I’ve recreated the softer version for you all to enjoy, I’ll try to knock out one of these posts a week, let me know what character you want to see next, or any other TV series make-up your interested in!

FACE

Pam wears quite a heavy, high coverage base so I started by buffing in 17’s BB Cream in Light as a primer. I then buffed Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell all over with my MAC 187. The skin is kept very pale, and I don’t see a paticular blush colour, so I used Stila Highlight Duo in Kitten on the tops of my cheekbones.

EYES

Pam normally wears a soft, warm smokey eye, so I used Benefit Creaseless Cream in Strut as a base, I then used some of the warm shimmery browns in the NYX Nude Palette, and MUA’s Heaven and Earth Palette, to buff along the socket up to the crease. I used a matte beige from the Nude Palette under the brow bone. Pam doesn’t wear a dark brow, but they are defined and lightly drawn in, I used the lightest shade from VIVO’s Ultimate Brow and Eye Kit. I finished by eyes by curling my lashes and applying a couple of coats of 17’s Wild Curl Mascara.

LIPS

To keep the lips looking stained and not to defined, I began by applying Models Own Lip Balm in Blackberry, I then applied Dainty Doll Lipstick in Couture to the centre of my lips and blended it out with my index finger to give a soft ‘just bitten’ effect.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh I love pam! Deffo one of my fave chars!
    I'd love to see more true blood looks! Myabe a "tara" look, with the purple eye she sometimes wears =]

    ReplyDelete