Thursday 15 December 2011

What’s In My Glossybox? December Edit

DSC_0002

DSC_0003

DSC_0004

DSC_0006

So I got my Glossybox yesterday, and I’m pretty pleased with what I got. Not so pleased that the cap to my shower gel had broken and it leaked leaving everything else sticky.

I love the fact that the box has gone all festive and is red this month, I much prefer the aesthetics of this to the over girly pastel pink. All the products I received are ones I will get a lot of use out of and I think I would definitely consider repurchasing some when they’re empty! From looking on Glossybox’s blog it looks like all the products options were great, and I’m sure a lot of people will be glad to get a break from perfume samples (although I quite like receiving these).

The first product I want to talk about is the Deborah Lippmann Nail Varnish in Razzle Dazzle (it also came with a Sachet of Nail Polish remover finger mitts) I have been dying to try a Deborah Lippmann polish since I first started spotting them on blogs, and I almost bought a couple from House of Fraser this weekend. They’re gorgeous polishes and offer some of the prettiest glitters around, but their price point is a bit steep, at £14 a bottle. Now I know there worth the price I’ll be taking a second look at some of their shades!

DSC_0008

DSC_0017

Rituals is another brand I’ve been interested to try, there’s actually a store where I live, but for some reason I’ve never been in there. The Foaming Shower Gel smells amazing, a lovely fresh floral.

DSC_0014

The FAB cleanser is nice, great for sensitive skin, it had a bit of trouble removing my Benefit They’re Real mascara but I always double cleanse anyway so it removed all my make-up in the end. I love that it is chemical and SLS free, and it has a lovely creamy texture.

DSC_0010

The mascara is from Nouveau Lashes, a brand I’ve not heard of before. I’m very happy with the mascara it lengthens my lashes nicely and volumises without clumping. I haven’t tested it properly for wear yet, but so far so good. The packaging is perfect as well  gorgeous matte black metal tube (which I have got my fingerprints on already).

DSC_0016

I also received the Cargo lip gloss in Morocco, which looks really pretty on and isn’t sticky or gloopy. I don’t normally buy lip gloss so it was nice to get one to try.

So shower gel leakage aside, this months box was a good one and I’ll be keeping my subscription. Also some more exciting news I signed my boyfriend up to Glossybox for Men, and he also received his box yesterday, so he’ll be doing a Guest Post about it very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Did you use the nail polish alone or over another nail polish? If that's it one it's own I'm impressed! It's a gorgeous clolour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on it's own, and just two coats! I love it, it's really good quality
    Hollie
    x

    ReplyDelete