Wednesday 22 February 2012

Contouring

I have a confession. I’m crap at contouring. As someone with more than a severe case of moonface ( a lovely term my boyfriend coined for those of use with more or a round visage) it’s something I long to perfect but I just cant seem to get right. I’m yet to find my perfect contouring product, you might remember I put the Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel in my wishlist post – if any of you use this for contouring please let me know how you get on with it!

Credit: Gossmakeupartist

The brilliant gossmakeupartist on Youtube, made this video that is a great tutorial on how to contour with cream products, under your foundation. The end result looks like everything I want to achieve, I have been using my matte Too Faced bronzer to (attempt) to contour, and I’m finding it looks way too obvious, and just not what I’m after.

Credit Lisa Eldridge

Another helpful video is Lisa Eldridge’s Contouring Video, but I can’t seem to find a product that doesn’t look too bronze/orange. I did try to track down the MAC Sculpting Powders when I lived in London, but they must have got discontinued as I could never find them in the Pro store. I’ve been wanting to try NYX Taupe Blush for this but again it’s pretty hard to get hold of!

So it would seem that the high-street isn’t quite up to speed on contouring, much like myself, the chances of finsing a matte bronzer at all in Boots are pretty slim, let alone a non orange one!

If you’re a contouring wiz , please let me know what you use and any tips and trick you may have in the comments! I’ll be sure to keep you updated with my contouring quest!

7 comments:

  1. Have you tried MAC's Harmony blush? It's quite a pink toned brown xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't I'll have a look next time I visit MAC! xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a NW/C15, and I've tried MAC Harmony and Mocha, and Harmony was still too orange/brown, and Mocha too pink. I tried these after watching Tanya Burr recommend them for pale skin. I've now tried Illamasqua Hollow cream pigment, and it is the perfect shade!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm NW15 as well, I'll definitely look at Hollow when I visit the counter in Birmingham!
      x

      Delete
  3. I'm NC15 and there's a rimmel one that isn't too orange on me! Rimmel sunglow. Use a little duo fibre brush to buff it in.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm NC20 and use MAC Harmony blush and absolutely adore it for contouring!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm NC20 and use MAC Harmony blush and absolutely adore it for contouring!
    x

    ReplyDelete