Sunday 5 February 2012

January Favourites

January Favourites

No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream I bought this when Boots started chucking out the £5 No7 vouchers and I’ve used it everyday since. I use it mixed in with a small drop of Estee Lauder Double Wear. It lasts all day, and my skin feels comfortable not dry or oily. A lot of the time I won’t even powder or touch up through the day. I’ll be repurchasing this as soon as it runs out! You can readmy full review here.

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish If you read yesterdays post you will know that my skin was misbehaving earlier this month, so I turned to the only cleanser that I knew wouldn’t make it worse. I use this morning and night, and have stopped using any other cleansers. Since I starting using this again I haven’t had any breakouts and my skin looks a lot healthier and more radiant. I bought two jumbo sized pumps from QVC so I wont be running out for a while!

Soap and Glory The Daily Smooth Nik got me this in a gift set for Christmas and its great for when my skin is feeling really dry , which in this weather is all the time! It’s got a lovely thick texture but it sinks in quickly and doesn’t make my skin feel greasy. It also smells amazing, I also love the Clean Girls! shower gel/lotion which has the same scent.

Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural After hearing about this every where I finally caved and picked it up before Christmas. I’m so glad I did because now I won’t be without it! I was using Mac Blot Powder, but I’ve started favouring a more natural dewy look and this is perfect for that.

MUA Matte Eyeshadow Shade 19 I’ve been using this everyday to do my brows, and I’m finding it works really well. I’d actually forgotten that I bought this, when I found it in my stash. I use an angled brush spritzed with some Mac Fix+ and it matches my hair colour really well. It isn’t really red toned, but it also isn’t to ashy either, so if your after a neutral matte brown this might be worth a try.

Stila All Over Shimmer Powder Duo in Kitten I bought this with Boots points before Christmas, this gives a lovely and believable highlight. It’s quite golden toned but it looks more believable than a pink toned highlight, even on my cool toned skin. I have always preferred powder highlights, I’m too lazy for creams or liquids, but this doesn’t look powdery on the skin and blends really well.

Benefit They’re Real I have the worlds most stubborn lashes. No matter how long I spend curling every morning, pretty soon they’re straight again. I don’t know how this mascara does it but it gives a better curl than any other mascara I’ve tried. I usually have a few mascaras on the go, but lately I’ve only been reaching for this.

Models Own Lip Balm in Blackberry My lips have been chapped and dry all month so I’ve been forgoing lipstick in favour of this. It’s a gorgeous berry colour and keeps my lips soft.

Vivo Ultimate Brow and Eye Kit I’ve been using this in combination with the MUA eyeshadow, and I’ve mainly been using the lightest shade through my brows to add a bit of texture.

4 comments:

  1. I love Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish! The No7 BB cream sounds lovely but I always find drugstore face products way too dark for me <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually find that and the No7 does seem a little dark when it comes out of the tube but I find it blends really well, and has a good neutral tone so it doesn't come off too dark for me (I'm an NW15 for reference)
      x

      Delete
  2. I tagged you in the 11 questions tag! :) http://gretalrabbit.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag.html
    xGretalRabbitx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great faves. I may give try MUA eyeshadow as a brow powder. :)

    ReplyDelete