Sunday 19 February 2012

MAC Essentials: MAC Sheertone Blush in Loverush

DSC_0489

DSC_0497

I got this with a Debenhams voucher after hearing Meg mention it in a couple of her favourite videos. It’s a Sheertone blush with no shimmer, but it isn’t what I would describe as matte, it has more of a satin finish, it’s not completely flat.

Mac describe it as a ‘faded burgundy’, it’s a brown toned berry, and in the pan it looks quite scary, especially if you have pale skin. It does swatch quite dark, but it blends out to a gorgeous flushed colour and the brown tones make it look very natural. I have been using it with a light hand  with either a duo-fibre brush (Sigma F15) or a Synthetic Brush (Real Techniques Blush Brush – review to come soon!)

On my NW15 skin it gives a look that is almost sunburnt, and when paired with bronzer the red tones give a more natural glow.

Because of the natural tones of this blush, I can see it working on a lot of skintones, as despite how it looks in the pan, red toned blushes can look the most natural on all skin tones.

The formula as with most Mac blushes is great, and lasts well. Mac make some of my favourite blushes, and the sheertones are my personal favourites.

You can find Loverush at counters and online where it will set you back £17.50

3 comments:

  1. it's so pretty- i really like how you described it as 'sunburnt', i can totally see that. such a nice color xx

    My Blog: Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mac blushes, they are the best! This one looks gorgeous :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete